Land of Fruits and Nuts

Where everyone's a dreamer

Monday, March 28, 2005

Vegas

First let me say never go to Vegas with bronchitis. So not a good idea.

My Vegas trip started out with a two hour delay on the plane while they fixed some "box." Now, here is the interesting part of my whole flight. This particular airline did not serve booze on this one hour hop skip and a jump to Sin City. Interesting, eh? I was a hella disappointed.

So I finally get into Vegas, starving, while Stoli is at dinner, I get my fabulous self ready and decided to go get some food. Well in our hotel, the only place open at midnight was the delicious buffet. I am not snubbing buffets, but at midnight, it's not really the place you want to eat at where the food has most likely been sitting out all day. Eew.

I finally met up with Stoli and we were out. We headed to Pure at Caesars, a fairly new nightclub, where apparently anyone can get on the list, cause when I called it was the easiest list in Vegas to get on. (FYI) The drinks were expensive, the guys were, interesting, and we were on the prowl. We made our way around and found ourselves attacked by this young Hollywood type taking our picture and inviting us to drink with them from their bottle. When their friend got kicked our, he invited us to a strip club, but when his one friend freaked out and revealed he wanted no girls at the bachelor party it was straight back to the club for us.

As soon as we were back in the club, we ran into a guy who I cast on show last year. He was with his nephew (who is 5 years younger than him and SUPER HOT). After catching up and finding out it was nephews birthday we paired off, me with Birthday Boy and Stoli with Cast Guy.

They took us back to Cast Guy's house, but not before stopping at the store so I could buy some Robutussin- hot right?

Birthday Boy was amazing. I am telling you, he was my present. We lounged around all morning, and by noon we were starving. By way of my sidekick I found out that Stoli had been kidnapped and Cast Guy was turning out to be SuperPsychoClingyGuy. We rescued Stoli and hitched a ride back to the Strip from Birthday Boy and the three of us went to lunch.

That night while at dinner Stoli received a call from SPC guy asking what we were doing and yada yada, so we thought we'd milk his connections and go over the the Hard Rock and get in with no cover and VIP blah blah. Too bad he was ready to marry her and ruined a perfectly good evening that we could have had with all his psycho babble. Birthday Boy was looking FINE and we were having a blast. Ah well. Drama.

All in all it was a good time had by all. The weekend went by fast. It sucks that I was sick.

Very much looking forward to planning our next trip. New York, Santa Barbara, San Francisco?