Land of Fruits and Nuts

Where everyone's a dreamer

Monday, March 21, 2005

I'm not your Therapist

Friday Night Stoli and I continued our restaurant tour at the Fenix at the Argyle Hotel- at least we thought it was. We got out of our cab and were whisked in to what looked like someone's living room. For sure it couldn't be the trendy hotspot restaurant/nightclub that was all a buzz.

After stuffing our faces course after course, and letting our food settle while lounging in our most comfortable armchairs, we decided to head across the street to the tourist trap known as Saddle Ranch, Where on the weekends you are lucky to find anyone who is from the neighborhood, let alone from La La Land. Weekdays are not so bad.

We ventured across the street and were immediately greeted by a group of underage girls being turned away at the door. Inside we were grabbed by an overzealous bartender who threw free shots down our throats and invited us to stay in his section for the evening. We visited our favorite host/bullrider who we see on our monthly brunches here. (Oh yeah and some excited out-of-towner informed us- this is the place where they shot Sex and the City and Desperate Housewives bullriding scenes- we just shook our heads) The girls were going nuts over him so we moved back to the bar and mounted ourselves there for the rest of the night. First we were approached by a group of college kids who spilled on Stoli, so we got our first free drinks of the night. He then asked what we did for a living. I told them I was Stoli's Bitch.

Then there was the poor kid from Louisiana who's friend kept going around telling people how gay his friend's shirt was. And I admit it was a little gay. Well, a lot. So I told him, then I bought him a drink because I felt bad. He was also really excited about the Road Ruler that was working at the bar. WooHoo- I mean come on, if they are your bitch for the night and you have to tip them can they really be looked up to as a celebrity?

So getting to the juicy part of my story. This really cute guy comes up behind me with a really pissed off look on his face. He actually looked like he belonged. I asked him why the long face.
Not willing to tell me why he was pissed off, but able to get a smile out of him, he got his drink and chatted for a few. I found out he was here from Disjoined doing something with the fashion district and his friend was a total mute, sorry Stoli. We told him if we knew of any after-hours, we'd let him know.

Alrighty, looking promising. Much better than St. Patty's Day.

So the night came to a close, we said good-bye to our bullrider boy and were found by the Iowa boys. They decided they wanted to go pay for an after-hours, Stoli wanted to pay for a cab, and I wanted to get some action. After about a half a block of deliberation I gave Iowa my number and told him if he wanted to call after the club he could. Stoli and I caught a cab and headed to our respective homes.

45 minutes later. The phone rang and it was Iowa, on his was on his way over. We ended up talking for a while and I found out he was an ex-Jehovah’s Witness who had been divorced for about a month after being married since he was 19. He was just trying to find his way in the world with out being attached. We had amazing sex. Then he wanted to talk some more, about what it's like to be alone. And how he thinks he has co-dependency issues, but doesn't want to be in a relationship. This went on for over an hour.

I was thinking, I need to have a better screening process. He finally fell asleep and I felt like charging him $150 for listening to his woes. I sure know how to pick em.

Now I have to go cast a clown. Vegas in 4 days baby!