Land of Fruits and Nuts

Where everyone's a dreamer

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

18th Hole

I have this thing. If you say you are going to call me, but you are in the middle of doing something and just don't call me back, I am going to assume that you are still doing that said activity.

This all began almost a year ago when I was dating this guy, and things seemed to be going great. One day he went for a hike and I haven't heard from him since. I assume he is either still hiking or was eaten by mountain lions.

Recently I started hanging out with someone and last weekend he went golfing. I haven't heard from him since the 8th hole.

Normally able to keep my composure and move on, I made the drunken mistake of calling him Friday night. The call went something like this

"J- I hope you are having a good time golfing. Because well as far as I know since you haven't called me, you should be somewhere around the 16th hole by now. So call me, or not, or whatever, but have fun golfing."

Totally forgetting about the incident. Monday rolled around and I recieved a phone call.

"L- It's J-." I've just finished the 18th Hole."

OH SHIT! He proceeded to tell me how he's so sorry he hasn't called (yeah right) and how busy he's been with work and he'll call later this week.

As far as I know, he'll be working for the rest of his life.