Land of Fruits and Nuts

Where everyone's a dreamer

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Sweet Side of Life

I work in an environment that does not allow time for a love life. You work with the people, you socialize with them, you see them from sun up to sun down.

However a few months ago I got myself in a predicament with one of the assistants here. I say predicament because he is a few years younger than I am and had a girlfriend clear cross the country.

Now before you make judgments about me, before anything was to continue with myself and assistant, he broke it off with her. But keep in mind that he did cheat on her.

So we dated for a while. But what made this situation interesting is every day at work we pretended like nothing had ever happened, but once office hours were over, let the love fest begin. No one had a clue, which is how I wanted it.

This lasted a good couple months. But the young assistant realized he was still heartbroken over his ex-girlfriend and had his own issues. So we continued to see each other casually, which meant a few times a week, and let him deal with his issues.

I am pretty close with my girlfriends, and needed to reconnect with them and not deal with whiney boy issues and meanwhile was dealing with some family stuff so I decided detach myself from the assistant for a weekend.

The next week at work I realized he was being a bit shady and flirting with one of the other girls in the office. I approached him and found out he had started hooking up with her while I was out hanging out with my girlfriends.

She did not know about me. So I told her. She did not know he had cheated on his previous girlfriend. She was floored.

He is now alone. And everyday like clockwork he comes into my large office and takes out my trash. Fitting.