Land of Fruits and Nuts

Where everyone's a dreamer

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Munchkinland

Last night my girlfriend Stoli and I went to one of our newest hotspots Chi. After making our way to the bar, we quickly noticed two things (one is totally irrelevant to this blog but I feel I must put it out there) 1. EVERYONE was wearing a hat! Did I miss the memo? and 2. All the men were abnormally short. I mean I am a whole 5'2 and I wear pretty high heals and I could look the majority of the hat wearing munchkins in the eye.

Now I have nothing against the vertically challenged- my whole family got the short end of the stick. HOWEVER, personally, there is just something about a man who wears the same size shirt and pants as I do that kinda turns me off. So there we were, sipping on martinis watching one shorty walk by after another.

Every 10 little men or so a tall guy would catch our eye, but that could be because he was in a sea of the Lollipop Guild. And the worst part were the girls (in little to no clothing mind you) were hanging all over these Napoleonic complexed men. As if they were the last men on earth.

Now being from the Midwest, I hold standards to the men that I go ga ga over. I like a MAN. You know. The kind of guy that is TALLER THAN I AM. A guy that towers over me. And more importantly doesn't wear the same shirt as I do because they can't find x-small in the mens department so they have to go all Ryan Seacrest and shop in the women's department.

I wonder if these guys will reproduce and have their own munchkins causing future generations to get shorter and shorter and eventually we will all be walking down Yellowbrick roads.

We're not in Kansas anymore Toto!

Here are some hot short short men:
At a whopping 5'7 Tom Cruise, Lost's Dominic Monaghan
A 1/2 inch taller at 5'7'' 1/2 is Wilmer Valderrama
At 5'8 is Comedy Guy Ben Stiller
Notable Mention at 5'9- my future husband(once he drops his bitch) Mark Ruffalo