Land of Fruits and Nuts

Where everyone's a dreamer

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

25 is the New 38

Have you noticed the trend of young women getting married lately as if by the time they are 25 years old their biological clocks witll suddenly stop and the entire universe will come to a complete halt and they will shrivel up and turn into hideous creatures?

Last night while enjoying a delightful Sushi dinner with my girlfriend Gallery Girl, she made the comment that 25 is the new 38. Women are rushing to get married and have babies before they are 25 these days. And their husbands are getting older and older.

Look at these 20 somethings that got married and are preggers:
Britney Spears and Kevin Federline ( shit she got married twice in one year), Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim (how may I serve you?), Woody Allen Marries Soon-Yi Previn (who yo baby daddy?), Michelle Branch pregnant with 1st child (babies having babies).


But I think 38 is beautiful, just look at
Teri Hatcher, who is reviving a career at 40. Or what about Sarah Jessica Parker who just hit 40 as well. For all those Sex and the City and Desperate Housewives fans, we look up to these women. We talk about them around our morning lattes and weekend dirty martinis. Without them, for some of us at least, we would have no Sunday night entertainment and no Monday morning gossip.

I personally am looking forward to my ripe older age when I am wiser, know more about sex, and have more dating experience to make the right decision about who I want to settle down with, if I even chose to settle down at all.

So to my good friends who have already had their weddings, their first children, and have yet to reach 25. Hats off to you. I'm going for a martini.