Land of Fruits and Nuts

Where everyone's a dreamer

Monday, March 14, 2005

Hermit am I

This weekend I became a hermit crab. I left my house to go to the spa for a complete day of relaxation detox including salt glo, seaweed wrap, hour and a half massage, scalp treatment, and facial, oh and my hydrocolonic -which I must admit, although it seems uncomfortable and strange, was surprisingly cleansing.

After a quick and disappointing (I'll get to that) trip to Blockbuster I locked myself into my apartment for the remainder of the weekend. I shut myself off from society. I turned off my cell phone and my main line ringer. This was my weekend. No annoying business partners, no going out and retoxifying my body, no gossiping with the girls, and definitely no boys. It was me and my trusty couch that I've had since college, the TV and my brand spankin new DVD player, my favorite pair of PJs, and a stack full of take-out menus.

I armed myself with my 2 movies from Blockbuster (since I had gotten there late and got the last of the picks), a list of Pay-Per-View movies, diet coke, and carry-out from Jerry's Famous Deli and started my Saturday night.

I fell asleep after the first two movies and woke up and didn't move all day except to answer to door for the delivery guys (lunch and dinner).

By Sunday night I was an official couch potato and loved it. There was nothing stressing me out, which is a first for the first time in a long while. I feel ready to face the world again and everything it had in store for me.

Sometimes you need to detach yourself from the world in order to better reconnect with not only yourself but those around you. I am going to try to do this more often. It's good to be good to me.