Land of Fruits and Nuts

Where everyone's a dreamer

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Cling On No More

The other night I ventured to Clingy guy's restaurant for dinner with Stoli and good friend Gallery Girl.

Entering the Cuban themed restaurant we were quickly greeted by a friendly Clingy guy who sat us in the "back room and informed us he would be back and would take care of us."

Let me tell you about this "back room" The back room was more like a cage. There were bars, and the door had a latch that even the waiters had trouble with each time they had to come in and out. He sat us next to an obnoxious woman who excused herself only to return with a big gulp from 7-11. Totally irrelevant to the story, but I felt I needed to add.

We ordered drinks from our over sat waiter who I couldn't understand a lick of what he was saying and watched as Clingy guy ran back and forth through the restaurant.

We were able to eat our amazing tapas in peace without being molested like I was the other night. It was also nice having the support of Stoli and Gallery Girl who were just meeting for the first time.

By the time we were ready to order our dessert Clingy guy found the time to pull up a chair and share HIS WHOLE LIFE STORY. It wasn't that bad at first. He started off by telling us the story of the restaurant and then he went into telling us about his whole family, and how he lives with his 6 cousins, and then how his family is responsible for blah blah blah and all this random stuff about his life story which actually was very interesting but without us really asking while we were simply trying to enjoy some flan and apple tart then he started telling us about how everyone has hobbies in his family and what each persons hobbies were including his photography hobby. And while he was passionately talking about cooking and buying the whole chefs getup I was thinking "this guy isn't clingy guy, this guy is slightly gay guy who is needy for friends."

THEN out of NOWHERE he pulls out a camera and starts showing us pictures he's taken of the sky and the restaurants and then he goes "and here's my cat, isn't she cute?"

At that moment I looked at my phone and as if God was looking down on me I saw I had 2 missed calls from my boss. A WAY OUT! Remember the actor lost, actor found? Well that actor was lost again and I needed to find him STAT!

We paid the bill, which he did not comp ANYTHING on- except the desserts because the waiter was so inept- and thanked him. We were walked to the valet and invited to hang out again with his 150 relatives at the restaurant and party.

Clingy Guy is just a Needy Closeted Guy. We will probably hang out with him again seeing the food was so good. It's a good contact to have. Especially in this town. But I do not foresee letting the now Needy Closeted Guy massage me anytime soon.

By the way. Actor found, again. I could kill him.