Land of Fruits and Nuts

Where everyone's a dreamer

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

It's a ?

We have been casting a lot of odd roles for the show I work on lately. It's almost been like a three ring circus. (and no, it's not Jerry Springer)

Midgets, Sword Swallowers, Flakey Blonds with miniature dogs , XX-Large Female Tap Dancer, and now- a SHIM.

We cast this "woman" whom I will call "Jill" and I will admit she is a little masculine, but at the producers influence was cast in the segment.

Every actor that is cast has to be cleared by the unions. So per our usual we sent "Jill's" name and social security number. A few hours later the clearance list came but there was no "Jill" however there was a "Jack" with the same social security number. We sent it through again. Same thing. No "Jill" only "Jack."

"Jill" is "Jack"- or at least WAS "Jack."

I think "Jill-Jack" is going to be replaced by the Overweight Unicycling Latina Beauty.

Maybe Ringling Brothers will hire me next.