Land of Fruits and Nuts

Where everyone's a dreamer

Friday, March 18, 2005

I was THAT Girl

It's now 12:15 and I have just rolled into work. And man am I hurting.

I don't think I drank that much last night. Did I? My bar tab was surprisingly low, but I guess there were the few that the random guy who works at the Cheesecake Factory bought me and oh yeah- the guy who I will call "Big Talker" who knew Vince Vaughn and M.Night Shamalanading-dong's Guinness that I kept drinking. THAT'S where I went wrong. And I'm not just talking about the beer.

There is a whole backstory here that I am not feeling well enough to get into, but it has to do with a connection that good friend Gallery Girl has to do with a movie that Vince Vaughn is producing. So my drunk ass starts talking to Big Talker and of course we talk about Gallery Girl and that segues into some flirtations and more drinking and meanwhile he is on the phone with half of Hollywood. Not really impressed, more annoyed because I wanted the attention. He's also promising hook-ups to half the bar and me.

The bar is closing, we make-out a little, decide to go home together. THEN here's where everything went south.

At some point there was a decision to go to an afterhours. We were whisked in the backdoor of the club and taken to the VIP room. Only to sit and watch some drunkass pass out. My girlfriends decide it was time to go. After all, there was no promised bottle of Crystal. They insisted I go with them, my drunkself insisted I would stay. Big Talker said, "you should stay." So we walked to the car conveniently parked in the back alley and I said again with sex on the mind that I was going to stay. This time my friends were adamant that I should go with them. Now, did they just not like this guy? Or did they know something I didn't.

I asked they give me a min. I followed Big Talker inside and he was all like you should stay la la la. I call my friend from inside to tell them I was staying when she flat out told me he told them was just being nice to me and didn't really want to hook up with me! At my that point- I told Big Talker I was going to go and shamefully made the walk to my friends feeling like a major asshole.

UH- where did I miss the signals? Why didn't I just trust my friends in the first place? I was so that girl. The girl that hangs on the guy that doesn't want her and everyone knows it but her.

Now I am hungover and feel like the biggest ass. I can't remember the last time I let this happen. I am normally more in control of these situations. Ah well. You live and you learn. And when you have your momentary lapses of judgment, it's good to have friends like I do, espeically on a night like last night.